The Operations Manager takes a prospective outlook on stock quantities for all products within the wholesale and ecomm divisions of a new beauty brand. The goal of the position is keeping inventory in stock and project managing the production & fulfillment process. The position requires steady contact with the company’s distribution center, manufacturer, and regular re-evaluation of inventory tracking and forecasts to ensure buying accuracy. Light travel may be required for periodic audits or to examine a received shipment.
The position also requires placing purchase orders with manufacturing partners as needed, with the approval of the Chief Operations Officer and oversight from the Head of Production, to ensure adequate stock levels. A firm understanding of current and projected sales velocity across all SKUs is needed as well as turn-around times and latencies for new product releases to meet launch/on-shelf deadlines. This requires communication and coordination between all facets of product development and manufacturing (i.e.: Ingredient lead times, filling and packaging turnaround, component and secondary packaging turnaround, shipping time to warehouse, etc).
- Oversee SKU setup, maintenance and product information integrity in Netsuite - work with GS1 to create UPC codes and barcodes
- Create pre-launch inventory plans and margin analysis to maximize inventory investments.
- Collaborate with Ecommerce, Sales and Marketing to support product strategies and vision
- Calculate receipt needs based on inventories and rate of sale and present buying strategy to Finance dept.
- Drafting and submitting Purchase Orders for inventory and componentry as needed
- Closely monitor all current inventory levels for both wholesale and ecomm divisions
- Perform on-site inspections to ensure quality control of items received at off-site locations including distribution center and manufacturing sites
- Develop and track bills of material for new and future products. Ensure delivery of goods by deadline
- Create and maintain company profile in Netsuite and all vendor-related portals (e.g. Target Partners Online / VMM) – including bills of material, sales orders and stock of finished goods
- Close coordination and regular audits with warehouse staff to ensure accuracy and issue quarterly inventory reports
- Work with Head of Product, COO and others to anticipate lead times for product replacement and new product releases
- Assist in managing stock for alternative sales events or marketing initiatives (e.g. PR, influencer events, in-store education, etc.)
- Analyze and improve processes as needed to afford better accuracy and prevent lapses in product availability
- Proofread printed materials before finalizing purchase orders
Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Netsuite or another ERPs
- Experience developing Bills of Material, assigning part numbers
- Strong background with Microsoft Excel and/or another timeline-driven project management tool (e.g. Asana, Trello, etc.)
- Heightened attention to detail with a willingness to work in all aspects within the production and fulfillment processes